Modifications Pictures Back Home
Modifications Future Modifications
& Repairs Philosophy
- Full tranny rebuild by VL
Enterprises, along with installation of a Quaife
Automatic Torque Biasing differential and VL Enterprises' Option-6 speed kit with a .71 6th gear (stock
4K gearing for 1st through 5th).
- K&N air filter.
- Dual outlet ("4-into-2") exhaust manifold.
- 2" aluminized Techtonics
exhaust and downpipe.
- G-grind cam.
- Rubber valve cover gasket.
- Eurosport rear and lower subframe stress bars.
- Koni Sport adjustable dampers with H&R lowering springs.
- 15"x6.5" SSR Competition
wheels with 195/50-15 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 tires.
- ATE Powerdisc slotted rotors with Mintex Redbox pads on the front,
stock rear drums (for now).
- Neuspeed stainless steel brake lines.
- Audi TT 6-speed shift knob.
- Optima Red Top battery.
- 2 Guage battery cables.
- Relayed European headlights with city lights.
- European turn signals.
- Garmin GPSMAP182
- Xtreme Sound
WMS373 AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereo
- Virtual Reality Sound Labs VRA2.0 200Wx2 amplifier mounted in the
- Alpine SPS-4629 4x6m speakers in the rear; unknown aftermarket
speakers up front.
- Bosch European curve 8V distributor.
- Modify the airbox (would like to use a 16V lower half--bigger
intake), and possibly work out a cold-air induction scheme--may need to re-locate the
battery to the rear to do that.
- Larger throttle body.
- Eventually--probably not until 2004 (or later)--I'd like to
install a turbocharger. While doing that, I'll upgrade the exhaust to a 2.25"
stainless steel Techtonics unit and get a new head.
Or maybe I'll just swap in a 2.0l 8V engine... <shrug>
- I may eventually install some sidemarker lights (aka turn signal
- I'd like to do a mono wiper conversion.
- Numerous door dings will have to be taken care of, and she'll get
the obligatory full re-paint in original factory silver--eventually. She doesn't
have any bad rust spots, so this is a low priority item right now.
- Tekniq Autosport
"Snap-Off" steering wheel system. (Removeable steering wheel. Better
than The Club!)
- GAK Motorsports
triple gauge panel.
- I may replace the front seats with Corrado front seats or good
seats from a 16V Scirocco or Jetta GLI.
- I think some heavy-duty rubber floor mats would be a good idea.
- A/C condensor drain may be plugged up (wet carpet after running
A/C). Need to investigate.
- Rear washer fluid pump doesn't work.
Sonja is my project car, and I
intend to have a lot of fun with her. Since Wolfgang is my daily driver and road
trip car, all mods to him must not compromise the comfort level required for those
tasks--especially for my wife. Therefore, Sonja is the car that I get to modify to
my heart's content, making her as fast and loud and "uncomfortable" to ride in
as I see fit. My end goal is to install a turbocharger in her, and learn from the
experience as much as I enjoy it--and the results. She won't be the fastest or
prettiest Scirocco on the road, but she'll be mine.
Last updated August 14, 2005